Friday 21 January 2011

Magazine Front Cover Draft 3

I asked my teacher for further feedback to tell me what I could do to improve my second draft; he told me to:
1.      Remove some of the splatter brush as there is too much and makes it look unrealistic: I did this by erasing some of it on Photoshop.
2.      Re name the band as the name is inappropriate and doesn’t fit with the magazine’s theme: I did this by changing it to S.A.S which stands for Stop and Stare.
3.      Rearrange the ’20 Best Videos’ content as it looks unprofessional and too large: I did this by making the content fit into a square so that it looks like a block as it fits in together.
4.      Change the coverline as it shows that you are introducing ‘Madz and Nadia’ instead of the band: I changed it to Stop.And.Stare
5.      Space out the artists as they are too close to each other and look squashed which looks unprofessional: I spaced them by leaving a line space between each other by using a grid.
6.      Add a date line as this is what conventional magazines do to inform their audience which date goes with which issue: I added text (horizontal) on the left hand side near the title.   

This is my Second Draft:
  
This is my Third Draft:

No comments:

Post a Comment